The Home Table hits the road
· It's pretty simple, actually. Over the years, we've adapted Pableaux's Monday-night red beans and rice tradition to the rigors of the road. It's a chance to take Louisiana hospitality to far-flung cities, to commune with like-minded chefs and see (and make) friends along the way.
- In its current incarnation, the Red Beans Roadshow is an ongoing series of medium-format pop-up suppers held in restaurants around the US.
- Pableaux teams up with a local partner chef for an informal family-style feast.
- He cooks red beans and skillet cornbread. The host chef serve up a simple starter (deviled eggs, hand pies, etc.) and a dessert (bread puddin', pies pies pies).
- The Roadshow is informal, affordable and as unfussy as we can possibly make it. We gravitate toward 8-person tables (to encourage crosstalk) and a "put your phone away" policy (to encourage conversational mystery and creative storytelling).
- As ringleader and organizer, Pableaux does short explanatory dog-and-pony shows on Louisiana foodways.
- Roadshows are ticketed events (beer/wine inclusive) and seat between 50-80 folks a show. Tickets are purchased on this site.